Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Make way for Mildred

The July 16 Drama Queens screening is Mildred Pierce.
Take a nibble:

Ida: "Personally, Veda's convinced me that alligators have the right idea. They eat their young."

Wally: "Oh boy! I'm so smart it's a disease!"

Ida: "When men get around me, they get allergic to wedding rings."

Mildred: "That Ted Forrester's nice-looking, isn't he? Veda likes him."
Monte: "Who wouldn't? He has a million dollars."

Policeman #1: "Say, he says there's a dead guy in the house."
Policeman #2: "You never saw a deader."

Mildred: "You've too many sisters. They all seem to be my size too."
Monte: "I know, I like them your size."
[raises glass] Monte: "To brotherly love."

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I missed this film, but I heard the speaker was fabulous. I won't miss the next one.